- 1 sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- cooking spray
- 1.5 tsp almond butter
The base recipe contains:
13 grams of fat
66 grams of carbohydrates
10 grams of fiber
42 grams of protein
*NOTE: This does not include the optional almond butter. Calories and macros may vary depending on the brand of protein powder used.
How to Prepare:
- Fill a small saucepan halfway with water and bring the water to a boil.
- While the water is boiling, peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes.
- Add the sweet potato to the water and cook until the pieces are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Drain the water, and put the cooked sweet potato into a blender. The sweet potato can be mashed with a fork if a blender is not available.
- Add the 2 eggs, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 tsp of sugar, and 1/2 banana and blend the ingredients.
- Grease the pan.
- Turn the stove on medium heat.
- Pour the batter into the frying pan. When the batter has cooked enough it should be able to be flipped with a spatula.
- Cook the other side.
- Repeat for remaining pancakes.
- – Optional Step – Spread 1/2 tsp of almond butter across the top of each pancake. This will help keep the blueberries from rolling off when building your pancake stack.
- Add several blueberries on top of each pancake then stack the next pancake on top creating a sandwich type effect.
- – Optional Step – Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Slice the remaining half of banana and use it to garnish the plate.